The Youth Scholarship program was established
- to educate youth in the art of beekeeping and to promote a better understanding of the value of honeybees to our environment and to the food chain
- to provide an opportunity for youth to experience responsibility and enjoyment through beekeeping
- to provide an avenue for youth to engage in a vocation and gain the potential to pursue beekeeping as a sideline or fulltime vocation
- The applicant must be between the ages of 9 and 18 by December 1st of the school year.
- The applicant must be a resident of Central Ohio.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in public, private or home school.
- The applicant must have permission and agreement from parent or guardian.
- The application must be submitted to COBA no later than January 14th of the current school year.
- A one year memebership in the Central Ohio Beekeepers Assoication (COBA).
- A beginning beekeeper school registration and textbook.
- A set of woodenware for a beehive.
- A nuc or package of bees for the hive.
- Beekeeping gear including a hat, veil, gloves, hive tool and bee smoker.
- Mentoring by a COBA member for one yea